Sunday, February 5, 2012

EarthLink and Time Warner Cable, wtf?

EarthLink used to be the number two ISP in America, now I think it's 10th, or lower. TWC offers their broadband service branded as EarthLink with the catch phrase "get connected fast with EarthLink High Speed Internet powered by Time Warner Cable". So I guess this is a competing high speed internet package offered in my area?

The TWC website provides a handy page allowing me to Compare Internet Service Providers. Shockingly, TWC is better than EarthLink. Namely TWC offers PowerBoost and "Free Safe Storage, secure and online" while EarthLink does not. I'm sure TWC will kill this co-branding thing at some point. Maybe they signed a contract in like 1999 that went on for a really long time because other than that I can't think of a reason why this relationship would continue. EarhLink as a NYC option for fast internet service not even worth discussing.

No comments:

Post a Comment