Monday, February 20, 2012

Digital Starter Pak vs. DTValue, the lost channels analysis

I currently have the DTValue Package of channels from TWCNY. The TWC Channel Lineup page lists the channels for these respective packages. DTValue has a lot of channels I just don't need and I don't watch a whole lot of television anyway so I'm thinking of downgrading from DTValue to Digital Starter Pak to save money. Before actually doing this I wanted to know which channels I would lose with Digital Starter Pak vs. DTValue, see prior post for this list.

So I know the channels I would lose downgrading to Digital Starter Pak, but do those channels matter to me? Generally I only watch and DVR the 700 level channels, this is the suite spot in terms of HD channels in NYC and I really only want to watch TV in high definition. Reviewing the 'loss' list and what I DVR here are the channels I'd likely miss the most:
  1. ESPN
  2. ESPN2
  3. AMC
  4. Cartoon Network
I like sports so ESPN would be missed, I like Mad Men so I'd miss AMC, and Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network has some good stuff. But this really wouldn't be a big loss and I'd still have Comedy Central, so I think I can downgrade from DTValue to Digital Starter Pak and really not care. So how much would I save? I'll need to call TWC customer support for pricing details.

No comments:

Post a Comment